All Time Popular Posts

Monday 8 June 2015

How to: overnight soft curls using a twist braid

These overnight loose, soft curls are effortless and easily obtain. 

Not many of you will know..but I am pretty much a lazy person when it comes to curling my hair before going out. I just ran out of time and need to basically wake up and head out the door!

But these are so easy to do that it isn't funny.

If you want to know how to get this then keep reading :-)










1. This works best on semi-damp hair. So after washing my hair and heat protection treatment I used a hair-dryer to dry my hair to about 70% dry.












 
2. Next brush out any knots and apply a hair serum if you wish. Here I am using Vanilla Silk from Organix which I absolutely love (it smells great too!)














 3. Roughly part your hair into two.
















4. To create a twist braid - split the right side part into two.  I wanted my soft curls to curl away from my face so twist both part of the hair clockwise (to the right, away from my face.) If you want your hair to curl into your face then twist towards your face. I twisted about 10cm.













5. After twisting one way you want to bring together the two parts and twist the other way. On the right hand side because I twisted away from the face I twisted the two parts together the other way (inwards).















6.Continue until you've twisted all your hair. Secure with an elastic band.

















7. Now on the left hand side I again twisted away from face (anti-clockwise). Then twisted the other way when combining the two parts. Secure with an elastic band when all your hair have been twisted.












You should now have something like this.

















8. The next day or after 4-6 hours remove the elastic band and softly use your fingers to loosen the curls.
















9. You can either leave your curls as is from finger combing (left picture) or lightly brush your hair to get an even softer look (right side) that will hold all day.



And that's it! Easy, effortless, soft curls. Minimum hot tools used.



Stay beautiful, be you xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hello! This is a nice and easy tutorial on having a self-styled perm. Though it would require preparation beforehand, I still like how it’s easily applicable, especially for women who are constantly on the go. I agree that starting the process while the hair is half-dry will be more effective, as the hair strands could fully dry while the braids are still on. Thanks for sharing!

    Earl White @ Salon241

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Earl White! Yeah it does require some preparation beforehand but great for girls on the go who want to have their hair styled the next day and out the door in no time :)

    ReplyDelete