All Time Popular Posts

Sunday 17 January 2016

Drugstore duplicates: Bobbi Brown Blush

Hello Beauties,

It has been a while since I have done a blogpost like this... You can read my previous one here : Drugstore duplicates YSL Rough Pur/Tony Moly. But I have finally found a drugstore product that I am happy to share with you!  

Everyone knows the cult favourite Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks. They have a lot of good reviews on these bricks. There are 5 shades that sit connected horizontally to each other in a sleek black compact. They are known for their multi-purpose uses: highlight, blush, eyeshadow, bronzer.. the list is endless. 

But here is the catch: it is pretty pricey. But what if I told you that there is a product out there that does the same thing and even looks the same?



Introducing The Face Shop Face it Baked Shimmer Blusher! (note: I actually do not own a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick. Any comparisons done between the two are based from research).
 
Price point
Bobbi brown goes for currently at 72AUD while the The Face Shop when I got it was 38AUD (must admit it was a good few years ago).
What it states to do
Bobbi brown states to be shimmery powder to illuminate any type of look while The Face Shop states to be a multi-use one stop shop for makeup.


Colours
There are 5 colours in both Bobbi Brown and The Face Shop. They all have a highlighter and 4 mix and match complimentary colours. 

Wear and Finish
I can't speak for the Bobbi Brown, but I have tried and tested The Face Shop blush and I can safely say that I absolutely love it! It gives me a nice glow and it does not cake on the skin. It also glides smoothly onto my skin.
Any skin reaction
As I have problematic skin, this criteria is a major one for me. Thank gosh The Face Shop blush does not break me out. For this reason, it gets my thumbs up!

The only downside to this product and I mean the only downside it is practically impossible to buy in Australia. However, if you live in a country that has a The Face Shop shop you are in luck.
Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts?

Stay beautiful, be you xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment