All Time Popular Posts

Sunday 14 February 2016

Clash of the Primers

Hello Beauties,

I made a deal with myself this year: I am going to venture out and try new things. You guys may know that I am a huge fan of the Hourglass Mineral Viel primer (re post here: Hit or Miss Hourglass Mineral Viel primer). However as I continued to use it I found that there was a problem: the formulation separated after a couple of days use. Even when I stored it in a cool dry area it would separate. Maybe it was just a really bad batch...

In saying this though I had a couple of primers in my stash that I never tried. So here is a review between Benefit the POREfessional, Nars Oil-Free Pro Primer, Chanel Le Blanc De Chanel and Hourglass Mineral Viel Primer.

Tint
I have a new-found obession of products that have a tint in the formulation. This makes the next step of my beauty regime so much easier: I only have to do small touch ups with my good old Bobbi Brown Face Touch up concealer and then I am ready to go. Out of the four primers, only Benefit has a tint. As you can see, it is a light tan colour which matches my skintone perfectly. It evens out my skintone by minimising hyperpigmentation and redness. Which leads to my next point:

Finish and wear
They all wore really well. I usually put it under my naruko sunscreen tint and it just prolongs the wear without cakiness. The Benefit and Hourglass have a matte finish while the Nars and Chanel and dewy finish. Personally I prefer the matte finish because I do have combination oily skin. As I said in the previous point, Benefit evened out my hyperpigmentation and redness so beautifully, that I only need the tiniest of tiny amounts of concealer to touch up my acne scars. Hourglass and Chanel seem to work well with evening out the redness in the skin while Nars didn't really do anything for me at all.

Feel
Hourglass and Benefit have a Satin feel. They really glide onto the skin. I love the feel on the skin. Nars and Chanel feel oily on the skin... which I am not really a big fan of as it made my skin feel like it couldn't breathe and it also felt too thick.
 
Skin breakouts?
No! None of the primers gave me breakouts which is awesome! 

Added extras
Hourglass has sunscreen built in. It contains SPF15 which is an added bonus if you don't include sunscreen in your daily routine. Of course, that being said, you require at least SPF 30 to protect from the harmful rays. Both the Hourglass and Chanel primers come in a pump bottle which is less messy to dispense than the Benefit and Nars primers and thus saving product.

Have you tried any of these products?

Stay beautiful, be you xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment