All Time Popular Posts

Saturday 6 February 2016

Smashbox Double Exposure mini palette

Hello Beauties,

Today's post is about a palette that I fell in love with. In fact I fell in love before you could even finish saying Smashbox!

Introducing the Smashbox Double Exposure mini palette. I got the mini palette because, well, I had a gift voucher left over and I picked it up on impulse. I am so glad that I did. I know there are a lot of reviews both good and bad about the Exposure palette but I definitely had to try it myself! 

There are 8 colours in the mini palette: one matte colour and seven shimmer colours. The colours are:

Silver: a shimmery grey colour
Peony: a shimmery pale dusty pink colour
Quartz: a shimmery copper colour
Veiled: a shimmery pale tan colour
Midnight: a shimmery dark blue colour with blue glitter
Haze: a shimmery dark grey with a tinge of purple colour
Copper: a shimmery dark brown colour
Espesso: a matte dark brown colour.

The colours are very pigmented and just a small amount goes a long way. Here are the swatches in natural light.

You can basically do every eye look you want from day to night; light or heavy. It is fantastic. You can also activate them with water to make the colours look deeper, more vibrant and have more sparkle. Here is an example with the colour Silver. The one on the left is activated with water while the one on the right is as is.


As you can see, the colours photograph really well. I definitely want to use this palette for my makeup as a bridesmaid later in the  year.

The packaging is small, thin and sleek. Due its size it is perfect for travelling where you want to pack lightly. There is a mirror inside which is an added bonus in case you need touch ups or even just as a pretty case to use for a mirror. 

The formulation is light and and it does not cake on the eyelids. It wears really well throughout the whole day while I am out (usually 8 hours). 

Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts?

Stay beautiful, be you xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment