All Time Popular Posts

Monday 16 May 2016

kbeautifysecrets: Tips and tricks #1

Hello Beauties,

I am proud to introduce a new series: Tips and tricks. These posts will be short posts on makeup or beauty tricks that I have discovered and use and I would love to share with you. Today's tip is all about the lips...

Now I know nowadays there is a huge range of lipsticks from drugstore range to high end products at affordable prices. But I have discovered that, especially when traveling or staying overnight somewhere, that I am limited in what I can bring.

What if I told you, that you could create 3 different looks from just one lipstick? Well you can!

This works best if you have a bold lipstick colour. I am using Urban Decay Rouge Lipstick in 69 to show you how to create 4 different looks. It is a bold fushia colour with a red undertone. It has a semi-matte finish.


Number 1
Bold lips: This one is intuitive; apply the lip colour normally on the lips. This is such a nice rich colour that it is great for night-time looks.

Number 2
Tinted lips: Apply the lip colour lightly by tapping the lipstick on the lips gently and using a finger to blend it into the lips. This gives a nice tinted look for the day time.

Number 3
Gradient lips: Of course this is an oldie but a goodie: Apply it gently into the centre of lips to create a gradient effect.


Number 4 (if have a matte lipstick)
Glossy: Depending on how bold or tinted you apply the lipstick, you can always make this glossy. Throw on some clear or light pink lipgloss to change the finish. 

I don't know about you, but I used to shy away from bold lip colours due to their limited use. I go out more during the day and I am a hermit at night. But when I do go out, I find that I have nothing to wear because I want that statement lip colour when I go out at night. Or even in winter when a bold lip colour is my go-to look. Now I can wear bold lip colours all year round.

Happy lipsticking!

Until next time,

Stay beautiful, be you xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment