All Time Popular Posts

Monday 11 July 2016

Buying Makeup: On a budget

Hello Beauties,

Every beauty fanatic has this problem:

There is a humoungous amount of different beauty products from makeup to skincare to nail polishes... and we just want it all! Not only that, but every week there is a new product or another company that comes to light that we just have to try...

Unfortunately,  money is a factor. If only money grew on trees then we may be able to go out there and buy that new lipstick that costs as much as my phone bill or that anti-winkle firming face cream that is equivalent to my cable bill!

The only way around it is to buy makeup smart. Here are my tips and tricks on how I am able to satisfy my makeup needs without hurting the pocket...well too much that is!

Research
I like to firstly research products. A lot of brands will always have the best marketing to suck you in. However before hurrying out and buying it, take the time to research if the product is really for you. Would it suit your skin type? -Determining if the product suits your skin type is easy as there are so many beauty blogs and youtubers who do great reviews. 

Sales
I know this is so obvious, but sometimes when you just want that product, you go and buy it straight away. However as the great saying goes: "patience is a virtue". I wait for the sales or special offers I know each store usually offers. For example, in Australia, Priceline regularly has offers and discounts or Myer has a 10% discount on high end brand cosmetics. I know this may sound like a small amount to save, but if you think about it in the long run and being the beauty fanatic I am? It means that I can buy more in the future with the savings I accumlate now!

Everyday Essentials
Buying beauty products but never using them up before the expiry hurts. I hate to see all that product go to waste! Which is why I only buy my "everyday essentials". For example. I use concealer, eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick everyday. These are the products for me that I use on a regular basis that I should be able to use up (that is if they past the beauty tests). So I usually stick to these products and try different brands, colours etc. On special occassions I buy an eyeshadow palette or blush because I use them on weekends and so on.

Buying in sets
This is another super saver that I like to do. As I mentioned I use eyeshadows or blushes every other day so I like to wait for special palettes to get more for my money. Every brand offers palettes from drugstore to high end, which is perfect!  Also it is a great way to start a makeup collection on a tight budget... If you are looking, I recommend Urban Decay, Too Faced or Maybelline.

What are your beauty saving tips? 

Stay beautiful, be you xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment